Sunday, June 2, 2013

Spring is Sizzling Already

"And when your back stops aching and your hands begin to harden...You will find yourself a partner in the Glory of the Garden."
-Rudyard Kipling

This spring included two horticulture classes: Propagation and California Natives. Ooohh the possibilities are so much greater in the Bistro now! As I was musing about what I want it to look like in three years, I decided I would need to propagate my favorite plants and purchase the most desired over a period of time.

Plants being propagated include:
Hoya Pubea (nectar on Hummingbird Island)
Brugmansia (for fast growing standing eye-level fillers along fence and for nightime fragrance)
Geraniums (for color and knee-level fillers)

Purchased (over a 6 month period):
Hoya Pubea
Lonicera Japonica Purpurea (fragrance)
Jasminum Stephanese (fragrance and beneficals)
Ficus Pumila (wall cover)
Angel Vine (wall cover)
Bacopa, white (green color divider in raised planter)


No comments:

Post a Comment